They can be formal and planned like hosting Christmas dinner with the whole clan. Please pass the turkey.
Or they can be fly by night and downright fun like gathering some neighbors for spontaneous caroling and hot chocolate. Yum!
Many traditions are years in the making and, some, well some just kind of happen. Here at gWhiz we use this time of year to take a step back and reflect on the year gone by. It’s our holiday tradition, and we’ve been doing it since the company was born back in 2008.
Six years and still going strong. We like to think that what we are doing - creating fun, easy-to-use educational apps for all sorts of students - is improving lives.
Here’s a look at what was new and exciting for us in 2014:
- We dipped our toes into the pre-K market with KidZilla, a fun educational game that allows preschoolers to hone their rhyming, counting, and matching skills. Designed to give preschoolers a leg up on kindergarten, the app dazzles with full-color graphics and customizable voice narration.
- We expanded our footprint even more with our foray into cookbooks in 2014. Proudly partnering with publishing giant, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, we released three popular titles from Betty Crocker’s Big Book Of series: Weeknight Dinners, Cookies and Cupcakes, with more to come. With these must-have apps, it’s never been easier for home cooks to plan, shop for, and whip up delicious dinners and mouth-watering desserts on the fly.
- Recognizing the need for flexible, comprehensive study tools in the real estate education market, we worked with the folks at Dearborn to create Dearborn Modern Real Estate Education. The app provides a full multimedia experience with an audio overview, flashcards, Q&A, and video clips to drive the points home. It puts everything busy real estate professionals need to know right at their fingertips.
- Rounding out our offerings in real estate education, we released two additional apps this year - Kaplan Real Estate Terms and Kaplan Real Estate Crossword Puzzles. Designed as handy reference tools, these apps offer users the chance to review essential terminology in the format of their choice and at their own pace. Available for both iOS and Android, these apps have the bases covered.
- Have you heard about our new study bundles? Now some of our most sought after apps are available at a discount if purchased together. Pretty cool. Because, really, who doesn’t love a sale? Currently we’ve bundled Kaplan Real Estate Terms and Kaplan Real Estate Crossword Puzzles as well as several of our 5 Steps to a 5 AP series apps from McGraw-Hill Education.
As we continue to strike out in new directions and expand our virtual shelf space, we realize that it really does take a village. We would not be where we are today without the unwavering support of our family and friends as sounding boards, muses and constructive critics. And, of course, we are forever grateful for our loyal users who are the undisputed lifeblood of the company as well as our long-standing relationships with our publisher partners, many dating back to the company’s inception in 2008. The compelling, branded content available in many of our apps is vital to our continued success. We look forward to new horizons and continued growth in the new year.
So, THANK YOU from the whole gWhiz team and…