We’d like to take a break from all of our hall-decking, cheer-spreading and merry-making to say THANK YOU!
THANK YOU to all of our loyal, long-time users and also those who may have just discovered our unique and engaging educational apps. We owe much of our continued growth and success to you.
THANK YOU to our expert publisher partners whose compelling content allows our apps to shine. We are grateful for the trust that you have put in us and look forward to continuing our productive, professional relationships for many years to come.
THANK YOU to our friends and family for generously offering us your precious time, solid advice, and unwavering support throughout this year and in years past. We are grateful to have you all in our corner.
In 2015, gWhiz has continued to make great strides - breaking fresh ground in new markets and refining old favorites.
- Through our continuing partnership with Houghton-Mifflin Harcourt, we proudly ventured into the great outdoors with two new birding apps - the full-featured Peterson Birds: A Field Guide to Birds of North America and the upgradeable Peterson Backyard Birds. Offering undeniable value and unmatched portability, both apps, available for iOS and Android, have been very well received by birding enthusiasts everywhere.
- But birders are not are only fans. We have gained a considerable following with our new Sybex series of apps, a collaborative effort with Wiley Publishing. Designed as handy reference tools, the CompTIA Network+ Study Guide and CompTIA Security+ Review Guide offer IT professionals an easy and effective method to prepare for certification exams and, ultimately, advance their careers.
- Rounding out our offerings in medical education, we released two additional apps this year in the ever-popular Lippincott series - Emergency Nursing and NCLEX-RN. Busy nurses appreciate the ease of use and unmatched portability of these well-designed, comprehensive apps. Offering them the chance to review essential terminology in the format of their choice and at their own pace, our apps put nurses on the path to professional success!
- Have you heard about our new study bundles? Now some of our most sought after apps are available at a discount if purchased together. Pretty cool. Because, really, who doesn’t love a sale? New in 2015 is our Dog Basics Bundle which includes three dog-centric titles from the For Dummies folks - Puppy Basics, Dog Training Basics, and Dog Trick Basics with more titles to come. So whether you are training a rambunctious new puppy or teaching a well mannered dog new tricks, this discounted bundle of apps puts everything you need to know right in the palm of your hand.
- Also this year, we were proud to announce that, as the result of our partnership with and considerable contributions from the Educational Testing Service (ETS), we updated our popular Official GRE Guide app to be fully compliant with Section 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). We believe that education should know no boundaries and were thrilled to take steps in that direction. Also in the realm of accessibility, we were so pleased to release Signing For Dummies in early 2015. Portable and fun-to-use, Signing For Dummies gets the whole body into the action, leading to ASL fluency in a flash!
It should be evident by now that 2015 was a busy, productive, and rewarding year - on so many levels. We love bringing new apps to life - reaching new audiences and, hopefully, opening new horizons for our many users. We hope that, in some small way, we have touched and enriched your lives as we strive to make education not only accessible but downright fun!
Happy Holidays to ALL!